Fight Your DUI – Keep Your License!
The Southern Illinois DUI Attorneys
Call Us Now for a Free Consultation at: 618-316-7322
Email Us at: email@example.com
Text Us 24/7 at: (801) 215-9669
- 1015 Broadway, Mt. Vernon, Illinois
- 310 S. Elm Street, Centralia, Illinois
BAC – Blood Alcohol Concentration
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) is the percent of alcohol in a person’s blood. In Illinois, the legal limit for BAC is .08%. Under Illinois Law, 625 ILCS 5/11-501(a)(1), it is a criminal offense to operate a motor vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater. This is determined by a breathalyzer machine or a blood sample.
Breath & Blood Tests
It is a common misconception, that people believe if they blow a .08% or higher they are out of luck. Not necessarily. It is not uncommon for breathalyzers to be calibrated incorrectly or malfunctioning. If blood is drawn, but it has been contaminated in some way, the test results would be inaccurate.
Defending Against Adverse Breath & Blood Test Results
There are several potential ways to defend against breath and blood test results that are evidence of guilt. Some possible ways are:
- Wrongly Calibrated Breathalyzers and Contaminated Blood Tests can be attacked at trial for their inaccuracy or potentially even suppressed prior to trial.
- Illegal Stop by the Police. If a stop is unlawful, any evidence found could be thrown out and be inadmissible during a trial.
If you find yourself facing a DUI charge, you should reach out to a DUI Lawyer immediately to discuss your options and start building your defense.
Contact Us Today to Speak to Our DUI Lawyer Completely Free!
- Completely Free DUI Case Evaluations
- We Offer Affordable Fixed-Flat Fees
Call Us At: (618) 316-7322 – Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 5:00pm
Text Us 24/7 At: (801) 215-9669
E-Mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org