Southern Illinois Traffic Lawyers
Leave Your Traffic Ticket to the #1 Southern Illinois Traffic Law Firm!
- No Points Against Your Driver’s License!
- No Increased Insurance Rates!
- 100% Free Traffic Ticket Review!
- Affordable Flat Fees!
Over 1,000 Tickets Successfully Dismissed or Reduced!
4.8/5 Star Rated with (150+ Reviews)
For a Completely Free Traffic Ticket Consultation
Call Us at: (618) 316-7322 OR:
E-Mail Us With Our Quick 3 Step Process:
- Snap a picture of your ticket
- E-Mail a picture of your ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cell phone number in the subject line.
- We will reach out to you as soon as possible with options!
Southern Illinois Traffic Attorneys
We handle a large volume of Traffic Tickets just like the one you’re facing now. Our Illinois traffic lawyers have an incredibly high success rate of ensuring that our clients don’t get points against their license. We offer affordable flat rates, and we can answer all questions you have during a Free Traffic Case Evaluation.
Proud Members of the National Motorist Association Dedicated Protecting Motorists Rights
Southern Illinois Traffic Tickets We Handle
We handle a variety of traffic tickets, including, but not limited to:
- Speeding Tickets
- CDL Tickets
- Overweight Tickets
- Driving While License Revoked /Driving While License Suspended
- Construction Zone Tickets
- Driving Without Insurance
- Scott’s Law Tickets
- Reckless Driving
- Improper Lane Usage
- Failure to Reduce Speed
- All Other Moving Violations!
Illinois Counties We Handle Traffic Tickets
We are currently handling tickets in various counties throughout Illinois. The counties we are currently handling, in alphabetical order, are:
Why Choose Olson & Reeves As Your Illinois Traffic Ticket Lawyer?
We pride ourselves on making the process as stress-free as possible. From the time we are retained we take care of everything. No Office Visits required. Some of the reasons we are the top traffic ticket lawyers in Illinois:
- Over 1,000 Traffic Tickets Successfully Handled!
- We’ve saved clients over $1,000,000 in Insurance Rate Increases
- No Court Appearances Required!
- No Points Against Your License!
- We Offer Affordable Flat Fees! No Hourly Billing or Hidden Costs!
- Proud Members of the National Motorists Association
- E-Signature & Online Document Signing
Questions? Reach out today to learn your options about your ticket and how our Illinois Traffic lawyers can help!
Still Not Convinced? Check Out What Our Former Traffic Clients Say!
- Tasha C. – “Very down to earth firm. They explain everything up front. And don’t over charge. I’m thanking God for them because I have a CDL and they are saving my livelihood and career.”
- Randie R. – “They are very attentive, thorough and friendly, especially given the volume of traffic cases they take on. Would definitely recommend! Very professional.”
- Nancy T. – “Josh Reeves went above and beyond to get me a fair outcome on my traffic ticket case. He took the time to explain everything and saved me from having to take off of work for the day for court. I had called different attorneys prior and ended up selecting Josh. He was thorough in explaining everything to me from start to finish. Go with the best, call him and his firm first if you want the best outcome possible. I’d use them again in a heartbeat!!”
- Korina S – “I looked at several firms in the area and all had similar pricing for a speeding ticket defense. Sydney was very nice, knowledgeable and straightforward. The process went smoothly and I appreciated their help.”
- Samuel P. – “Very down to earth and to the point. No jumping through hoops, no games, just get in, get it done. Highly recommend them for anyone who gets a traffic fine.”
- Kaylee B. – “Huge thank you to Sydney and Josh Reeves! I spoke with multiple attorneys regarding my traffic ticket and Olson & Reeves was the most upfront and reasonably priced. I couldn’t believe how easy and stress free the process was. 11/10 recommend!!”
- Rodney W. – I honestly had no idea HOW EASY and STRESS FREE my experience would be! I have told everyone I know, CALL Olson & Reeves, ask for Sydney!!! Now, let your stress and worry fade, rest assured this firm and Sydney will DO THEIR best! I’m more than happy, THANKS again to Sydney & Team!
- Adam M. Helped me with a traffic ticket, and were really great. Sydney was a huge help. I 10/10 would recommend.
See All Of Our Reviews Here!
Illinois Traffic Points System
Illinois uses a demerit point system, meaning, if you get convicted of any type of traffic offense then points are attached to your driver’s license. While these points might seem meaningless to you, they can actually have some consequences. For example, if you receive enough points your driver’s license could actually be suspended. If you get convicted of a speeding ticket, which would mean you just pay the fine for the ticket, your insurance premiums could raise costing you way more in the long run. For Illinois speeding tickets, these are the points attached to your driver’s license when you’re convicted of a speeding ticket:
- Speeding 1 to 10 mph over limit – 5 points
- Speeding 11 to 14 mph over limit – 15 points
- Speeding 15 to 25 mph limit – 20 points
- Speeding 25+ mph over limit – 50 points
Potential Penalties for Illinois Traffic Tickets
In Illinois, speeding tickets can have various consequences. Even if you’re not from Illinois, a speeding ticket or other traffic citation can affect your driving record in other states.
The different types of Illinois Speeding Tickets are as follows:
1 to 20mph over the limit – This is a standard petty speeding ticket. If you were to just pay the fine, the standard fine amount would be $120
21 to 25mph over the limit – This is also considered a petty speeding ticket. If you were to just pay the fine, the total would be $140
26 to 34mph over the limit – While this is a speeding ticket, it is actually a Class B misdemeanor and can carry up to 6 months in jail and a $1,500 fine! This is not a petty speeding ticket. It is an actual criminal offense. Examples of other Illinois Class B misdemeanors would be Possession of Cannabis between 10g to 30g and criminal trespass to property.
35mph+ over the limit – Anything over 35mph is a Class A misdemeanor and can carry up to one year in jail and a maximum of $2,500 in fines! A 35mph+ speeding ticket is a serious criminal charge. Examples of other class A misdemeanors in Illinois would be a first-time DUI offense or domestic battery. If you’re facing a class A speeding ticket do not take it lightly. These tickets can also sometimes be up-charged to a reckless driving offense.
Southern Illinois Traffic Ticket Statistics
We’ve compiled a list of how many traffic cases were filed in each of the Southern Illinois counties we handle traffic tickets in. Here’s the traffic data from 2018 through 2020:
Is My Driver’s License Going To Be Suspended?
For most drivers, a normal speeding ticket or other traffic violation will not suspend your driver’s license. However, there are some Illinois traffic tickets that will trigger a suspension of your driving privileges. Some examples of these tickets are:
- Driving Without Insurance
- Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle / Scott’s Law Ticket
- Passing a School Bus Receiving or Discharging Children
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Without a Valid License or Permit
- Any Motor Vehicle Theft (Misdemeanor or Felony)
- Driving During a Suspension or Revocation Period
- Failure to Report an Accident
- Fleeing or Alluding
- Driving a Commercial Vehicle Without a CDL
You may also have your license suspended or revoked due to too many moving violations within a 12-month period. When a driver has three or more offenses that are committed within any 1-year time frame, depending on the point designation to each offense.
For drivers under the age of 21, two or more offenses within a 24-month period will lead to a suspension or revocation depending on the severity of the points.
For a Complete List of All the Illinois Traffic Offenses that suspend your driving privileges, visit the Illinois Secretary of State’s publication here.
What Happens If I Missed My Court Date for My Traffic Ticket in Illinois?
If you received a court date for Illinois traffic ticket and you missed your court date, a few things could happen. Many people’s first instinct is that they are going to go to jail. Missing a court date for a traffic ticket in Illinois does not automatically mean the judge issued a warrant for your arrest, in fact, a vast majority of the time that isn’t the case. A majority of drivers with court dates are there for what are known as “petty offenses.” Normal speeding tickets would be an example of these.
When a driver misses court for a petty offense, a judge will usually do one of two things:
- They will have the Circuit Clerks Office of the county send you a Notice of Appearance through the mail. This Notice is assigning you a New Court date for missing your first court date.
- The judge may also enter an ex parte judgment against you. In essence, an ex parte judgment means the court has found you guilty in your absence and you will be ordered to pay the fine. This means you are being convicted of the traffic offense.
If the judge does have to issue an ex parte judgment against you, then a traffic lawyer can assist you by filing a “Motion to Vacate” and having the case re-opened. Oftentimes, there is a filing fee associated with a Motion to Vacate. For most tickets in Southern Illinois it is generally $40.
If your ticket was a misdemeanor offense and you miss your court date, a judge may have the clerk send you notice to appear, however, a judge will more than likely issue a warrant for your arrest.
If a judge has issued a warrant for your arrest don’t panic. An attorney can assist you by filing a “Motion to Quash Warrant.” A vast majority of the time in traffic offense cases the State will agree to quash the warrant and the judge will not have a problem with it.
How Does an Illinois Speeding Ticket Affect My Car Insurance Rates?
While many drivers are tempted to just pay their Illinois Speeding Ticket, they should seriously reconsider that.
According to a recent study, the true cost of a speeding ticket in Illinois can be as much as $1,124. The analysis found that a 40-year-old driver with a speeding conviction in Illinois can expect to pay 27.5% more for full coverage car insurance.
For younger drivers, the increase in insurance rates would be even higher. According to the study, a 25-year-old driver on average would pay an additional $1,092 over three years.
According to an article on Allstate Insurances website, which can be found by following this link, they acknowledge that if you get a speeding ticket it will increase the amount you pay for car insurance due to the perception that you’re at higher risk of an accident because of traffic violations on your driving record may affect the cost of your insurance.
If you do in fact receive an Illinois speeding ticket you should consider reaching out to our Southern Illinois Traffic Lawyers for a Free Traffic Ticket Evaluation to discuss your options and how we can help you avoid an increase in your car insurance rates.