Southern Illinois Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers
An Injury Law Firm You Can Trust
Over 98% Recovery Rate in Injury Cases!
Call for a Free Case Evaluation at: (618) 316-7322
E-Mail Us 24/7 at email@example.com
Text Us 24/7 at: (801) 215-9669
No Office Visits Required! We’ll Happily Come To You or Set Up A Free Virtual Consultation! </span
Southern Illinois Trucking Accident Attorneys – Olson & Reeves
Southern Illinois is an epicenter for large and commercial truck activity. With several major interstates running through our area, it’s not uncommon to see on the nightly news another accident involving a semi-truck and a passenger vehicle. According to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), in 2018 there were 12,267 crashes involving tractor-trailers in Illinois. Unfortunately, 106 of those truck accidents were fatal crashes. If you or someone you love was involved in a Semi-truck accident and were injured or killed, there is help available.
Common Injuries in Trucking Accidents
Because of the immense size of 18 wheelers and other commercial trucks, the likelihood of injury is greatly increased. Some of the most common types of injuries with any kind of semi-truck accident are:
- Whiplash & Neck Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries (Bruises, Scrapes, Cuts, Sprains)
- Herniated Discs
- Knee Trauma & Injuries
- Broken Bones & Fractures
- Back Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
Big-Rig Accidents can also lead to catastrophic injuries, which include:
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Paralysis (quadriplegia and paraplegia)
- Third and Fourth Degree Burns
Emergency Helicopter Life Flights – If you or a loved one was got life-flighted to another hospital, Click Here For More Information!
Factors Leading to Commercial Truck Crashes
No two accidents are exactly the same. However, there are common causes that lead to truck accidents. Our Law Firm has the resources to investigate truck accidents and uncover negligence by the Truck Driver, Trucking Company, or even the Truck Manufacturer. Our Attorneys bring justice to victims of trucking accidents by holding those at fault responsible for their actions or negligence.
Some common causes of Truck Accidents Include:
- Truck Driver Fatigue
- Truck Drivers Speeding to Meet Deadlines
- Distracted Driving
- Impaired or Drunk Driving
- Defective Truck Parts
- Improperly Loaded Trucks
What To Do After You’ve Been in a Truck Accident
Similar to a passenger car accident, you should take steps to protect your rights after an accident involving a commercial vehicle. If you find yourself in a truck accident, make sure to follow these steps:
- Stay At the Scene of the Accident. By leaving the scene you would be committing a crime in Illinois.
- Make Sure Everyone Is Ok. Ensure everyone who was involved in the accident is alright, or if they are in need of medical attention.
- Call 911. Contact the police so they can investigate the accident, and write a report. This must be done if there is property damage, injury, or death.
- Exchange Information With The Other Driver. Make sure to get the name of the other driver, driver’s license information, phone number, license plate, and insurance information. Also, get the information for the Trucking Company.
- Call Your Insurance Company. Contact your own insurance company and explain what happened.
- Seek Medical Attention. Go to the ER to make sure you are indeed fine. Do not try to tough it out, as some serious injuries may be delayed.
- Take Photographs. At the scene of the accident, take pictures of the damage, skid marks on the road, and even photographs of any injuries sustained.
- Journal. As soon as possible, write down your exact recollection of what happened. Write down the names of any potential witnesses. Keep track of how you are feeling after the accident and keep records of any medical treatment after. Also, make sure you note how any injuries are affecting your life.
Time Is of The Essence in Trucking Accident Cases
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Commercial Trucking Accident, it’s important to know that in Illinois, generally, you have two (2) years from the time of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you don’t settle the case within that time or if you don’t file a lawsuit by the two-year mark, you will be barred from any recovery. This may seem like plenty of time, but there is much to be done, and that time flies by. You should contact a Commercial Truck Accident Attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Truck Accident Victims Deserve Fair Compensation
Whenever someone has been hurt in a Trucking Accident, the Trucking Companies and their Insurance companies will fight hard to limit what victims recovery, or even blatantly deny they are at fault. They only care about limiting how much they will have to pay.
That’s where we come in. Our Truck Accident Lawyers fight these companies to ensure that our clients get the maximum recovery possible. We treat each of our injury clients like family, and we go to war to protect our family. Some types of damages and compensation we help victims and their families get are:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental Distress and Anguish
- Diminished Earning Capacity
- Loss of Normal Life
- Future Medical Expenses
- Wrongful Death
No two cases are alike. Reach out to our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers today for a free case evaluation and let them calculate the potential value of your case.
What Sets Olson & Reeves, Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Apart?
- Over 98% Success Rate – We have a record of winning injury cases. So you know if we take your case, you’re in winning hands.
- “Lowest Fee Guarantee” – All Personal Injury Attorneys work off a contingency fee basis. We guarantee we’ll be the lowest, which puts more money in our client’s pockets.
- Access To Your Attorney – When we become your Truck Accident attorney, you’ll actually be able to talk to your lawyer. No frequent calls with no response. Our injury clients get calls back ASAP.
No Office Visits Required! We Can Come To You or Set Up a Free Virtual Consultation!
Types of Truck Accidents We Handle
We handle any kind of Commercial Truck Accident, so if you don’t see the category that fits you, Call Us Today at (618) 316-7322 to discuss your legal options and how we can help.
- Big Rig Tire Blowout
- Truck Driver Fatigue / Falling Asleep
- DUI Truck Drivers
- Catastrophic Truck Injury
- Jackknife Accident
- Rollover Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Delivery Truck Accidents
- Failure to Inspect Trucks
- Truck Driver Speeding
- Failure to Use Turn Signal
- Head-On Collisions
- Construction Zone Accidents
- IDOT Violations
- Truck Manufacturer or Truck Employer Negligence
Where Our Law Firm Semi-Truck Accident Cases
Our Car Accident Lawyers take care across ALL of Southern Illinois, some of the counties we handle are:
- Jefferson County
- Marion County
- Wayne County
- Clinton County
- Franklin County
- Washington County
- Richland County
- Clay County
- White County
- Wabash County
- Williamson County
- Effingham County
- Fayette County
- Perry County
- Hamilton County
- Randolph County
- Edwards County
- St. Clair County
- Madison County
- Bond County
- Massac County
- Johnson County
- Union County
- Pulaski County
Don’t see your county? We still want you to reach out! We can handle trucking accident cases anywhere in Illinois. If we can’t help you, we’ll send you to someone who can!
Contact Us Today to Speak To a Southern Illinois Trucking Accident Attorney! There’s Zero Risk.
Consultations and Case Evaluations are Always Free!
Call for a Free Consultation at (618) 316-7322 – Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm
E-Mail Us Today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Text Us 24/7 at (801) 215-9669