Home Reporting Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse in Illinois

Reporting Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse in Illinois

Illinois Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys – Justice for the Elderly

Has a Loved One Been a Victim of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse?

We can help! Our Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect lawyers pursue justice for those harmed and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. If you want to speak to one of our Attorneys:

Call Us Today for a 100% Free Case Evaluation at (618) 316-7322 or Fill Out Our Free Intake Form at the Bottom of this Page and We Will Reach out ASAP!

Reporting Elderly Abuse & Neglect in Illinois

If you suspect abuse or neglect of a resident of a Nursing Home or Elderly Person you should report it immediately. In abuse/neglect situations time can be of the essence.

To Report Abuse or Neglect or Abuse of a Resident in a Nursing Home, Call the Illinois Department of Public Health’s Nursing Home Complaint Hotline at 1-800-252-4343

To Report Abuse or Neglect of other Elderly Persons, Age 60 and Older, Call Adult Protective Services at 1-866-800-1409

Recognizing Abuse and Neglect of the Elderly

Nursing home abuse and neglect can come in a variety of ways. Common complaints against facilities are:

  • Bed Sores
  • Malnutrition & Dehydration
  • Sepsis
  • Medication Errors
  • Improper Use of Restraints
  • Wandering from Facilities
  • Unnecessary or Unexplained Falls
  • Physical, Verbal, or Sexual Abuse
  • Mishandling Breathing Tubes or Feeding Tubes

This is by no means an exhaustive list but is a starting point to determine whether some abuse or neglect may have occurred.

Information To Have When Making a Complaint

  • The name of the resident being abused or neglected
  • What happened to the resident?
  • When did the abuse or neglect happen?
  • The name of the facility and where it’s located.
  • Any harm that occurred to the resident.

Ways to File A Complaint

There are three ways to file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH):

Central Complaint Registry Hotline – 800-252-4343
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
TTY for the Hearing Impaired Only- 800-547-0466

Mail form to Illinois Department of Public Health
Office of Health Care Regulation
Central Complaint Registry
525 W. Jefferson St., Ground Floor
Springfield, IL 62761-0001

Fax form to 217-524-8885

What To Do After Filing a Nursing Home Complaint?

Get in touch with a Lawyer. After filing a complaint with IDPH, you should reach out to an attorney to make sure your loved one’s rights are fully protected. The attorney can help guide you through the future investigation and can even conduct an independent investigation.

A Nursing Home Attorney can also discuss your legal options for filing a lawsuit against the nursing home for its conduct.

Call For a Free Medical Malpractice Case Evaluation: (618) 316-7322

    Free In-Depth
    No Obligation Case Evaluation

    4.8 Star Rated with (150+ Reviews)

    Call Now
    Email Us